Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shinjy's mad

My friend foolishly asked me to feed her cat while she's away. I said. "Sure, that can't be hard." I don't have to take him out for a walk. I was told Shinjy, her cat, was shy. I'm asthmatic so that cuts down too long of a stay. So, I go over one morning so my friend can train me... location of food, water intake and waste procedures. Hello! Easy!

The first night, Wednesday, was as expected. I walk in to look for Shinjy. I say hello and introduce myself and inform Shinjy of my duties. I fill the bowl with food and then see if he will interact with me. He peeked his head out but then quickly hid. Maybe it was my breathe ... it's not. I'll try again the next day I told Shinjy. Have a good night!

So today I'm thinking, "Awesome! Today is Friday." Work was going well and I was heading home soon. Then I looked at the little animal figures that "watch" me as I work. Oh holy crap of kitty cat fur! I forgot about Shinjy yesterday! Cheese! He's going to be so pissed.

Fast forward to Shinjy's kingdom. I walk in and I'm quickly greeted by Shinjy. I say "greeted" but I really mean "SCOLDED." Shinjy was not happy with me. "You irresponsible little girl. I thought you knew your duties. Follow me." He leads me to his bowl. Of course it's empty and I'm totally ashamed and embaressed. Shinjy turns and gives me "the look." I grab his food and start filling the bowl as he waits and all the while I'm apologizing over and over. I'll find out tomorrow if he forgives me.

Easy, I said. Right? Kharma is what it is. Easy if my old ass can remember!

Update: Shinjy was not happy with me. I brought Edwin over to visit Saturday. Shinjy is done with me. So... that's that. Remember, I said it was easy.

No comments: