Friday, April 10, 2009

Words that sound the same every time

When I'm helping my parents at their doughnut shop my friend would drop by to support the business. She'd sit back and eat her breakfast during the rush hour. She pulls me aside afterward and asked me, "Do you realize you say the same thing to every customer the same way in pitch and tone?"

Here's my weird list of "Lina doesn't know how else to say these things to strangers but to say them the same way every time repeatedly":
  • Morning!
  • Hi! How are you?
  • Anything else?
  • Ok, thank you! Have a good day.
Ok here are other words I say the same.
  • WOW really? (sarcasm)
  • Awesome!
  • Hunnnnnnnnn (that's for Hubby)
  • What are we going to eat? (that's in a serious tone)
  • That's SO FUNNY!
Other things I say... I say things at least twice when I play volleyball.
  • Short! Short!
  • GO! GO! GO!
  • mine mine mine mine mine
  • out out out!
  • tight tight!
Oh there is one word I don't say twice in volleyball and it goes like this:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
(for all those people who steal my balls)

And now I realize that I should have did an audio blog for this one else it really doesn't make sense. I'll think about redoing it but this is what you get for now. I'm just making fun of myself.

3 comments:

roboticaldad said...

i can so hear you say these in your usual tones... LOL

pinktsoufa said...

i know exactly what you mean lina. no audio necessary.

Lina Fuh said...

@carlos @pinktsoufa - you guys aren't even around me that often that's how sad it is... almost like that episode where Friends makes fun of how Chandler talks.