Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Yo Stinky! The dogs needa pee."

I was listening to the radio this morning and they started talking about this article on msnbc - Cutesy nicknames strengthen a couple's bond. Of course the DJs asked for callers to tell everyone what nicknames they have for their boyfriends/girlfriends, etc. The article goes into more about using code to tell the other person you want to leave. And today, at the end of a meeting for MomHouston, we started talking about nicknames for kiddos and parents which ended up with how kids learn to crawl.

I wonder how true it is that using "cutesy nicknames" makes a couple's connection stronger because if it is true, E & I won't last much longer. I'm not sure we do cute well but goofy and literal works for us. A lot of our conversations goes like this...

E: Hey Mrs. Stinky.
L: Sup Mr. Stinky. Watcha doin?
E: Just workin. You?
L: It's going. Yo Stinky! The dogs needa pee. Bye!

I can only imagine the nicknames we'll give our kids when ever we decide to have one or two. And even then I'm sure they'd run away from us as soon as they can crawl.

No comments: