Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What I wish I knew before going to SxSWi

This is my, "what to bring so I don't forget anything, don't get sick and don't starve" prep list for SxSWi. I'm supposed to be cooking and washing dishes but I'm doing this and catching up on Dancing with the Stars.

Gadgets: so you can record how ever you want, when you want the awesomeness of all that is SxSWi.
  • macbook (not sure if I'm bringing it to the panels)
  • mp3 player (no, I don't have an iPod and I don't care)
  • camera + camera charger (because Gina sucks at taking pics)
  • Gina ... aka G1 aka phone + phone charger (USB & plug in)
Food: so you stay well the whole time (panels, parties, drinks and all)
  • BREAKFAST!!! If you don't eat breakfast, ever? SxSWi is the best time to start. Breakfast is a life saver.
  • Bagels - saved me last year too. So many panels so little time to eat. I could snack on a bagel all day and be ok until dinner. Which reminds me, peanuts, granola bars, Yogos and definitely Tic Tacs. If you don't eat, your body makes this terrible smelly gas and no one will want to talk to you. Tic Tacs!
Health/Drugs - to keep you well and keep you staying well.
  • Anti-bacteria hand santizer (preferably one with aloe) to keep your hands clean as often as possible. You don't know how many hands you shake and you don't know if those people are sick.
  • Tums... AND Immodium (just in case) ... tylenol/excedrin for headaches
SxSWi Stuff - so you can get in and stay organized
  • Print out Registration
  • Set up schedule and connect to Google calendar
  • Note possible places for quick bites.
Stuff you can probably forget - your watch. Time does not exist during SxSWi. Meet new people, go where the wind takes you and have fun. Don't forget a jacket/sweater. The Austin Convention Center gets freaking cold sometimes. A small umbrella wouldn't hurt either. Austin weather forecast.

I hope I don't forget anything. So starts the dish washing since the stupid thing is flooded. But thanks to this super awesome tool the water is gone. http://phodroid.com/09/03/37qs39

And thank goodness I finally made a really good dish for dinner. Trust me, I'd be the first to tell you my cooking SUCKS but not today.

Chinese eggplant with ground pork in chili oil and fish sauce... and some other stuff. I definitely did not make enough. Hubby's favorite dish. YUMMY!

No comments: