Sunday, March 9, 2008

The beginnings but not really

I say this is the beginning of a blog but is it really the beginning for me? Not really. I can't say I'm an expert of anything. I can't say I'm an expert specifically of marketing or promotions or creative thinking. I'd like to say I am "semi-crazy." Maybe one day I will become just "crazy." I look at everything as a way of communicating. I like to watch commercials and look at advertising and get ideas. I love marketing, advertising and promotions. I find it fun and fulfilling as a career and I hope I can make an impact someday. I'm grateful because I found something that I love to do and I earn money doing it. Isn't that the American Dream?

So what am I doing right now? I'm sitting in my hotel room because of a few reasons:
  • I'm at SxSW day 3 and had sat through one of the most painful interviews I have ever witnessed of Mark Zuckerberg - founder/CEO of Facebook. If you would like a pretty good recap of what I experienced, check out CrunchGear. My recap? Sarah Lacy was the interviewer and she was HORRIBLE! The most interesting part of the panel was the last 10 minutes when she finally gave up her horrible interview and opened up questions from the audience. THANK GOODNESS!
Did I say I have a few reasons? I guess that was it. So far being a first time SxSWer has been wonderful! Last night, I won an Xbox 360 from the Avenue A Razorfish party. I had a feeling someone in my group would win but I didn't expect it to be me. That's what you call a lucky noob. I met a lot of great people from literally around the world. I definitely would like to continue attending year after year especially since my passion is marketing/promoting technology. I thank David Herrold for inviting me. I thank the COMPETE guys to take lead us to the Avenue A party. I thank Steven Evatt for putting my business card in the drawing.

So that's my first post. I used to keep up my own site but I got really busy so this is much easier. Oh and if you haven't heard of Twitter, check it out! The skinny? It's just a way to communicate with people you know, find out what they are doing right now. If you do Twitter, feel free to add me.

No comments: